What? You want to run a HoHoTO food drive?! That’s GREAT!
HoHoTO is all about the spirit of pulling together (especially at the last minute!) and doing good for the local community. The Daily Bread Food Bank needs you more than ever this year – so thanks for stepping up!
Here’s your easy-peasy step-by-step ‘how to’ for running your own food drive. Start today, every little bit helps!
1. Get started! Decide on a date (now until December 15th!) and set up where you’ll collect your donations. Jazz up some boxes and containers with HoHoTO decor to hold all the goodies you’ll be getting. Good places to get boxes are at the LCBO or major supermarkets, or try using a large FedEx/UPS shipping box. Laundry baskets will work too!
2. Enroll your food drive with the Daily Bread Food Bank by filling out the participation form or just get started (you can connect with DBFB at the end of your drive too).
3. Get folks on board to help with your food drive (employees, customers, members, etc.) via a quick email, posters, flyers. etc. Daily Bread has some pre-made posters you can grab off their website here.
4. Use email, web, Facebook,and Twitter to promote your food drive. Let us know about your food drive and we’ll tell everyone how awesome you are for helping out!
5. Start collecting food. Make sure you let everyone know about Daily Bread’s most needed food items including peanut butter, rice, dry pasta and sauce, baby formula and food, dried or canned beans, canned tuna and meat, canned fruits and vegetables. Try a theme per day for a week, Monday is Italian (pasta and sauce!), Tuesday is Farmer’s Market (canned fruits and veggies), etc.
6. Smile. Feel good about making a difference. (Yup, it’s that easy!) Don’t forget to grab your tickets to HoHoTO so you can celebrate your successful food drive at the best party of the year!
7. Get your donations to DBFB. At the end of your drive, bring the food you’ve collected when you come to #HoHoTO at the Mod Club.
Other ways to deliver the food:
- Daily Bread Food Bank will pick up your donations (just fill out the pick up request form),
- or you can can drop them off at any fire station
- or the DBFB main office at 191 New Toronto Street.
Let them know you were part of the #HoHoTO drive so we can count your food donations to our total for the event!
Need some more help? Get in touch and we’d be happy to give you some more tips and suggestions. Thanks for being a rockstar and helping make the world suck a little less this HoHoTO season. We <3 U!