We have 16 (16!) incredible lots for this year’s Hangover Auction. Please read the rules and tips carefully. Retail values are approximate and, as always, lots are subject to change until the auction begins.
- LOT #1 – Kobo Arc 10HD android tablet, donated by Kobo – retail value $100
- LOT #8 – $200 Bellwoods Brewery GC with 6-pack beer, tote & tee gift pack, donated by FreshBooks – retail value $250
- LOT #9 – Beats By Dr. Dre Solo HD Headphones, donated by Kanetix.ca – retail value $200
- LOT #11 – SodaStream Revolution with 2 extra bottles, 1 extra canister & syrups, donated by Connie Crosby – retail value $350
- LOT #15 – Yamaha PSR-E343 keyboard, stand and bench, donated by Yamaha Canada – retail value $400
- LOT #16 – 20-person laser tag at Battlegrounds (opening Spring 2015), donated by Battlegrounds – retail value $700
See you on Twitter tomorrow night!
If it wasn’t a clean sweep for you at the raffle on Thursday night, don’t worry — the infamous Hangover Auction is back! Starting at 7 p.m. tomorrow (Sunday, Dec. 14), we’ll be auctioning off even more amazing prizes on Twitter.
The Hangover Auction includes great new prizes and any prizes left unclaimed from Thursday’s party. So, if you still have some holiday shopping to do (or are looking to treat yourself!), here’s how it’s done:
Auctions start on each half hour from 7 to 9 p.m. So, 7, 7:30, 8 and 8:30 p.m. Bids must be placed using the following tweet format:
@hohoto #LOT<lot number> $<your bid> – <optional friendly note>.
Here’s an example bid on LOT 9 for the Beats By Dr. Dre Solo HD Headphones donated by Kanetix.ca.
@hohoto #LOT9 $150 – Gimme dem beats!
Times are based on twitter-clock. All auctioneer decisions are final. If @hohoto gets put into Twitter Jail by Twitter, auctions will continue on @hangoverauction.
- Watch for other competitive bids and try to win your favourite auction lot!
- Bidding closes firmly as the twitter clock rolls over to the next window (i.e. 8:29:59 bids will be accepted for 8:00 lots, 8:30 bids will not).
- Winners will be determined by the highest bid received at or before the time the relevant bidding window closes, based on the Twitter timestamp.
- Winners will be announced by the auctioneer via the @hohoto Twitter account. And this is final. No late bids or early bids will be accepted. No bidding via DM will be accepted.
- Bids must include Lot Number as the hashtag.
- Bids must be in full dollars! Opening minimum bid on most items is $25. Remember – every dollar goes direct to feed hungry people via Daily Bread Food Bank.
- Any items not bid on by the end of their allotted 30 minutes may be withdrawn and re-purposed for other charitable ends.
- Prizes must be claimed in Toronto. We’ll contact each winning bidder and arrange for payment and collection of your winning items (we’ll need you to collect your prize — more money for the food bank if we avoid expenses).
- Items must be collected within 1 month (preferably sooner), or they will be re-purposed for other charitable means.
- Payment by credit card is highly preferred but other arrangements can be made if necessary.
All proceeds, as always, go to Toronto’s Daily Bread Food Bank. Get ready to tweet!
Last night we raised $35k for the Daily Bread Food Bank. It was fun and for a great cause.
We’ll be raising more this Sunday evening, December 14 during our #HangoverAuction – tune in to #HoHoTO 7-9 p.m. We’ve got a drone, keyboard & more!
Photo booth photos to come on the Facebook page.
HoHoTO has raised more than $300K over the years for the Daily Bread Food Bank. Giving back while partying has long been a favourite way to engage the Toronto tech community in charitable giving.
– Torontonians made more than a million visits to food banks last year.
– More than 30% of the people relying on food banks in the GTA are children.
– More than 50% have a disability. Read more in Betakit by Elena Yunusov: http://www.betakit.com/toronto-gets-ready-to-hohoto-for-charity/
See you Sunday evening on Twitter for the #HangoverAuction – tune in to #HoHoTO 7-9 p.m!