“I’m SO there!” and “How can I help?” are the two things we hear most when we announce the next HoHoTO. It’s so great to get this kind of response and a shame to waste it.
HoHoTO is a and community fundraiser and mind-blowing, spectacular and geekalicious party in support of the Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank. Called “the party that twitter built” HoHoTO is often sited as one of the first remarkable examples of a hyper-connected social movement using the power of self-organizing online groups to make a real world difference. Since its founding in late-November 2008, HoHoTO has raised over $225,000 for Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank.
Here are just a few of the ways you can help us help the Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank help the world suck a little less by raising a butt load of money with HoHoTO.
Help Raise Sponsorship Dollars
- Ask your company to sponsor HoHoTO – there are a bunch of different levels of sponsorship starting at just $250, so jumping on board as a sponsor is almost painless. CLICK here to sponsor HoHoTO
- Ask your suppliers and clients to sponsor HoHoTO – show them you care about our community and show them a great way to get involved!
- You, yes you, can sponsor HoHoTO too! Every year we have more individuals kick in as sponsors to help make the world suck a little less.
- You and your buddies – not sure you can swing a sponsorship on your own? Why not get a group of people together to buy a sponsorship? It’s a little more than buying a ticket, but it makes a huge difference to the people going to Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank for food every day.
- Need info to help you ask? Contact Leila, April or Lex who will happily hook you up with any info you need! firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Source Raffle Prizes
- We’re looking for great prizes that will encourage HoHoTO guests to buy raffle tickets. The more raffle tickets we sell, the more we can give to the Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank.
- we’re looking for raffle prizes that start in value at $150 and range to $700 for the HoHoTO raffle and the HoHoTO Hangover Auction. Tech toys, food, wine, and experiences are fantastic.
- Some of the prizes that really got the raffle tickets selling and the Hangover Auction buzzing were the Leafs ticket from MLS, the Samsung Galaxy Tab from Rogers, the catered dinner for 4 from LittleKitchen.ca, the Motorola cell phones.
- Contact Lex at email@example.com or @alexaclark
Help by talking about HoHoTO
- Get out your video camera or cell phone and upload a video tell everyone why HoHoTO and the Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank rock your world! (Hey, you might even see it show up here.)
- Tweet and tell your friends all about HoHoTO, about Daily Bread, about how they can help and get tickets!
- Tell the world why they should be supporting HoHoTO!
Help by Volunteering
- the night of HoHoTO there are a lot of things that need to happen to make the evening enjoyable for all of us. Not just buying a drink for that cute guy, though we encourage that too.
- The more people helping the night of HoHoTO, the more we all get to enjoy the good we are doing.
- Contact Sheri at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every single person who buys a ticket to HoHoTO is helping Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank! So if you are buying a ticket, you are making a difference!
- And of course we’ll have food bins at HoHoTO again this year, and while Daily Bread can make the money stretch further, the food is HUGE. Please bring food!
- Last year a number of individuals and companies started HoHoTO Swear Jars and every %$@#&! dollar and @*#$% cent makes a different, so %^#&! to your hearts content!
- Send us ideas of how you think you can help. That is, after all, how HoHoTO came to exist – a group of people on twitter who wanted to throw a party and make a difference.
- Every idea that passes by us is evaluated on the basis of how much will it help the Toronto Daily Bread Food Bank – how much money will it bring in for Daily Bread; how much time will it save us so we can find more money to bring in for Daily Bread; and how much will it raise the profile of HoHoTO so we can raise more money for Daily Bread.
Help the world suck a little less by helping make HoHoTO even more amazing!
This couldn’t happen without you!
(photo courtesy of Geoffrey Wiseman aka diathesis)