As a sponsor of this year’s event, Kanetix.ca is proud to support HoHoTO and the YWCA Toronto Girls’ Centre.
Careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics are still dominated by men in Canada. As a leading Canadian company in the FinTech space, Kanetix.ca wants to spark interest and encourage more women to enter the digital technology field and join their team.
Meet the “Ladies in Tech” at Kanetix.ca. From web developers to company leaders, they are building technological solutions and helping shape the success of the company.
Watch the video above to hear their thoughts on the industry and their advice to other women looking to pursue careers in technology.
On your ticket, you’ll see an extra field that let’s you make a song request. The sooner you get your request in, the easier it will be for us to honour it, so don’t delay. Here’s some hits from this year to set the tone for the evening.
Meet some the girls we’ll be helping become more empowered and valued:
YWCA Toronto’s Girls’ Centre is a girls-only space. At the Centre, girls 9 to 18 years of age try new activities, develop skills and discuss topics in a safe place.
Girls build leadership skills, enhance their self-esteem, learn to live safely in their communities, make new friends and learn to understand and challenge the world around them. Girls and young women receive support on difficult issues, share ideas, express creativity, explore interests and plan their futures. And they have a lot of fun!
Programs at the Centre include media and tech training, mentoring, volunteering, leadership skills, participating in civic engagement, and arts.
• TechGirls Canada providing national leadership to hundreds of organizations encouraging girls to consider tech as a career
• hErVOLUTION working on access to innovative education and employment services for girls and young women
Prepare to Meet Strangers
Pull out your phone. Save 647-490-2428 in your favourites. Sam:) is bringing random, anonymous, one-to-one chat to HoHoTO. During the event, text “start” to talk with someone else at HoHoTO. Who knows, maybe you’ll meet your new business partner, investor, or best friend!
We have a number of generous sponsors who have donated some great swag that you can win by, wait for it, just buying a ticket for the event and being there to accept your winnings. That’s it. Enjoy the party, win some stuff! Here’s what’s up for grabs:
1) Blue Jays fans! After a stellar year in the field and late-season hitting surge, you have the chance to bring a Ryan Goins autographed bat home. Thanks to the Blue Jays for the kind donation.
2) From Wild North Apparel we have three great prizes: a plus gift basket, an $80 gift certificate, and a luscious cashmere scarf with gloves.
3) Interactive Ontario has kindly offered up a one-year membership, and you’ll also have the chance to win one of 5 tickets to their topical iLunch series of content and networking events.
What happened to the Raffle?
If you’re a past HoHoTO attendee you know all about the raffle everyone loves because you get to spend 30 minutes at the event ignoring people so you can buy tickets, tear them apart, deliberate over which raffle packages you’d like to chance winning, before stuffing those tickets one by one, over and over, in a variety of ballot boxes. Well, we want you to spend all that time enjoying the party, so instead, this year you get to enjoy fabulous door prizes! ❄