So you’ve got your HoHoTO ticket in hand and you’re getting ready to deck those halls tonight. Woohoo! Whether this is your first HoHoTO or you’re a seasoned reveler, we thought these ten quick tips and reminders might come in handy:
1. GET YOUR VENUE ON: HoHoTO is once more at The Mod Club – they’ve been really good to us every year and we couldn’t do it without the generosity of Jorge and his crew who donate the space and their time to help make this event happen. Be nice to the staff and remember to tip – they’re working for free.
722 College St.
Toronto, Ontario M6G 1C4
Doors: 7:00 pm
2. GET YOUR ECO TIX ON: Bring your ticket with you to speed the lines at the door. If you can, save a tree and bring the email copy of your ticket on your smartphone. If you forget both, don’t worry – we’ve made a list (and checked it twice);
3. GET YOUR NOSH ON: Please try to bring a bag of non-perishable groceries for Daily Bread Food Bank. There’s a list of the most needed items here and you’ll find a Metro supermarket right across the road from the Mod Club
4. GET YOUR GLAD RAGS ON: About that dress code. There isn’t one. Come as you are or dress to impress. Whatever you’d wear if you weren’t so square, or perhaps just the same old jeans and top you still feel most comfortable in. Oh – but definitely wear your dancing shoes.
5. GET YOUR RAFFLE ON: One of the key components of our fund-raising efforts is the HoHoTO raffle (and the Hangover Auction next week – more on that in a later message). The raffle is simple but still seems to confuse some people every year. Here’s how it works:
– Buy tickets from the volunteers floating around all night (they’ll find you);
– Check out the AWESOME raffle prizes upstairs – each prize pack has a box in front of it with a slot for tickets to go in;
– Put as many tix as you want into the box or boxes of your choice;
– Profit!!! (maybe)
We start drawing for prizes at 8:30 and will announce 3 prizewinners every 15 minutes. Keep your eye on the Tweetstream or check our wall chart to see if you’ve won your heart’s desire.
6. GET YOUR SONG ON: HoHoTO co-creators and fabulous DJs Duarte DaSilva (@modernmod) & Ryan Taylor (@ryantaylor) will be monitoring TweetDeck on stage for song requests from the crowd. Please get your requests in by tweeting artist + track followed by the hashtag #hohotodj (e.g. Rick Astley Never Gonna Give You Up #hohotodj)
7. GET YOUR TWEET ON: If you’re on Foursquare, check in to HoHoTO (and go for that Swarm badge). Tweeting from the party? Use the #hohoto hashtag (and maybe get to see your tweet show up in near real-time on the big screen). Tag photos and videos with HoHoTO and post them to the Flickr and YouTube groups.
8. GET YOUR SWAG ON: Be one of the first 100 people in line when the doors open at 7pm to get a special HoHoTO swag bag from our generous sponsors and friends of HoHoTO.
9.GET YOUR SNAPS ON: Don’t forget to get your glamourous HoHoTO Holiday picture taken in the HoHoTO Photo Booth upstairs. Our pro-ho-ho photographers are ready and willing to make you look fabulous for a modest donation to Daily Bread.
10. GET YOUR BRAIN ON: Please. Do NOT drink and drive. We love you just the way you are – not the wrapped-round a tree or rotting in jail version. Leave the car at home. Be smart. Share a cab. Save a life.
And finally – huge and heartfelt thanks from your entire HoHoTO organizing committee – who are:
Leila Boujnane: CEO, Idée Inc.
Alexa Clark: Managing Partner, Plethora Press
Ryan Coleman: Applied Innovation Specialist, BMO Financial Group
Duarte Da Silva: Senior Manager, Communitylend.com
April Dunford: VP Marketing, Solarsoft Business Systems
Peter Flaschner: Creative and Community Director, Sequentia Environics
Rob Hyndman: Founder, Hyndman | Law
Sheri Moore: Partner, Creative Director, MCC – Moore Carlyle Consulting
Alistair Morton: Creative Director, Partner, Peapod Studios
Michael O’Connor Clarke: Vice President, Digital, Media Profile
Michael Penney: El Presidente, Afterlight Films
Michele Perras: Manager, Mobile Experience Innovation Centre
Corey Reid: Chief Cat Herder, FreshBooks
Ryan Taylor: Goldsmith, Adventurer, The Fair Trade Jewellery Co.
Rannie Turingan: Photographer, photojunkie.ca
Elena Yunusov: Founder, communicable.ca