Tomorrow, Tuesday Dec 20th, is the #HoHoTO Hangover Auction – your last chance this year to help HoHoTO help the world suck a little less by helping Daily Bread.
We’re auctioning off some great new prizes, the prizes that arrived late, and the small handful of unclaimed prizes left over after Thursday’s massive, exhausting, and wonderful HoHoTO Holiday Party!
There are some exceptionally groovy goodies in this list‚ terrific last minute presents for a friend, loved one, family member, or just to treat yourself! We’ll get to the list of auction items shortly, but first here’s how to be a part of it!
- Tomorrow morning (Tuesday) go to the blog and check out the list of Bid Lots
- From 8:00pm to 11:00pm, Tuesday Dec 20th get yourself onto Twitter
- Bid lots run for 30 minutes, so keep a close eye on the prize!
- Watch for the auction bid lots to be announced as open on the @hohoto Twitter account;
- Start bidding using the following format (note: bids can ONLY be accepted in this format):
@hohoto #LOT<lot number> $<your bid> – <optional friendly note>
e.g. @hohoto #LOT8 $150 – I want this prize so badly!
- Watch for other competitive bids, and try to win your favourite auction lot!
Rules and backgroundy details:
- Winners will be determined by the highest bid received at or before the time the relevant bidding window closes, based on the Twitter time stamp.
- Winners will be announced by the auctioneer on @hohoto
- The final decision of the auctioneers is FINAL!
- No late bids, no early bids will be accepted.
- Opening minimum bid on most items is $20 (higher where indicated); no maximum. Remember – every dollar goes direct to feed hungry people via Daily Bread Food Bank.
- Any items not bid on by the end of their allotted 30 minutes may be withdrawn and re-purposed for other charitable ends.
- Prizes must be claimed in Toronto and services-type prizes must be used in the Toronto-area
Just In Case:
- If for any reason the kind folks at Twitter decide we are tweeting too much from @hohoto, we will continue the auction at @hangoverauction
We’ll contact each winning bidder and arrange for payment and collection of your winning items (yes, we’ll need you to collect them‚ remember, the goal here is zero expenses, if possible. More money for the food bank that way). Items must be collected within 6 months (preferably 6 days), or they will be re-purposed for other charitable ends.
So get your Twitter fingers ready and help push us over the $72,000 line. All proceeds, as always, to Toronto’s Daily Bread Food Bank