Tonight is the #HoHoTO Hangover Auction, your last chance to help HoHoTO help the world suck a little less by helping the Daily Bread.
After Thursday’s massive, exhausting and wonderful HoHoTO Holiday Party, we’ve got some unclaimed prizes left over so we’re auctioning them off along with a handful of goodies we kept in reserve just for you!
There are some exceptionally groovy goodies in this list‚ terrific last minute presents for a friend, loved one, family member, or just treat yourself! We’ll get to the list of auction items shortly, but first here’s how to be a part of it!
- Go onto twitter from 8:00pm to 11:00pm tonight
- Watch for the auction lots to be announced on the @hohoto Twitter account; (the complete list will be in the next post)
- Bid lots run for 30 minutes, so keep a close eye on the prize!
- Place your bids in the following form:
@hohoto #LOT<lot number> $<your bid> – <friendly note>
e.g. @hohoto #LOT8 $150 – I want this lot so badly!
- Opening minimum bid on all items is $20. No maximum;
- Watch for other competitive bids, and try and win your favourite auction lots!
Rules and backgroundy details:
- winners will be determined by the highest bid received before the window closes based on the twitter time stamp.
- winners will be announced by the auctioneer on @hohoto
- the final decision of the auctioneers is FINAL!
- No late bids, no early bids will be accepted.
- Minimum starting bid is $20.
- Any items not bid on by the end of their allotted 30 minutes may be withdrawn and re-purposed for other charitable ends.
We’ll contact each winning bidder and arrange for payment and collection of your prize (yes, we’ll need you to collect them‚ remember, the goal here is zero expenses, if possible. More money for the food bank);
So get your twitter fingers ready and help push us over the $62,000 line. All proceeds, as always, to Toronto’s Daily Bread Food Bank